Thursday, August 12, 2010

Villeroy & Boch Audun China





I have blogged about these pretty dishes before; I have collected a couple of pieces over the last 7 years (a platter, a tray, and a teapot was given me as a gift by a very dear friend), but I had all but given up on getting the set for reasons of cost and the fact that the dishes I own right now will not die! They have been extremely reliable! Someone very special has bestowed upon me a set of four place settings, which has inspired me to go ahead and hunt down the rest of the set. I love them, and will remember the sweet gift, and the fact that they had remembered the pattern because I liked it so very well!

The beauty of these dishes is that they come ready to mismatch - a disheveled look that I adore. It looks kind of artless, but I don't think you could do it incorrectly - I have shown the bits and pieces here for your perusal.

So why so many posts all in a day? I am at home, in my jammies, having a sick day after a fun vacation and contact with at least 3 different summer colds:(

No comments: