Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Mascara - Reviews

I normally don't post about Mascara either, see nails below, but for the love...I have two new mascaras, and I don't like either of them. I usually use Mac X, it is perfect in my opinion. The formula is smooth, not too wet, and it doesn't flake ever. A nice balance of natural color and volume. Not so much a lengthener.

The same cannot be said for the next mascaras, one flakes unbearably, and the other is too thin in consistency. The flaky Mascara is L'Oreal Double Extend. First prime, then go over the primed lashes with the black end of the tube. This mascara flakes over the day. Not good.

The next one is Rimmel Glam Eyes in Kohl Black 003. Also not good, it's a thin formula that leaves the lashes black, but wierdly skimpy. Both are disappointing. My policy with high end make up is to keep the packaging and receipt in a drawer until pronounced' wearable' by me. I didn't do that with these purchases b/c both of these mascaras are drug store - but at approx. $10 each - that's $20 down the drain, so lessoned learned. Keep the packaging/receipt for all purchases. Period.
Thanks for listening to this rant...hopefully I will have better luck next time. Two other great mascara labels that I have used up recently: Fresh and Victoria's Secret; both are excellent.

No comments: