Monday, May 7, 2012

The Little Things

What I have learned from my reading of The Happiness Project, by Gretchen Rubin, is that teeny, tiny adjustments in life can add to our happiness. This month, apart from being 'silly' (which it turns out is harder than it sounds, I'm not really that silly though I did fill the house with Iranian moves today...lalalala, lalala kai yai kai...then tried to get Dad to dance with me to Madonna's 'Hung Up', but he said he had to go do his taxes... when the kids are here I can be shamelessly silly - dancing around the house, singing out of tune etc., talking baby talk, playing silly games, etc.) I am also playing/singing along with upbeat music first thing in the morning and acting the way I want to feel...one way to do that is to smile more. I can do that :)))

“Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.” 
― Thich Nhat Hanh




No comments: