Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My Favorite Summer Fragrances

I am loving some new fragrances this summer...it was fun to refresh my collection a little, as I find it quite difficult to finish a bottle of any fragrance, no matter the size, though I always buy the smallest available. They just seem to last forever. Definitely some scents, perhaps most scents, suit either Spring/Summer, or Fall/Winter. My summer scents are:

Bobbi Brown Beach...goodness, this reminds me directly of the beach as a girl, it actually smells like Coppertone™ and sand, and ocean...how did she do it? It's wonderful!


The description, from the Bobbi Brown website: If one scent could capture the atmosphere and attitude of summer, this best-selling fragrance is it. Designed with a lightly intoxicating blend of sand jasmine, sea spray, and mandarin, this eau de parfum is wearable anytime, anywhere.

Bronze Goddess by Estee Lauder. Where has this been all my life...it's smells so good! It's another beachy, warm, summery scent that makes me think of sun tan lotion and sand. I think that this is my absolute favorite. Here's the description from the Estee Lauder website:

A sensuous, sun-drenched blend of Bergamot and Mandarin, cooled with Tahitian Gardenia Petals and Coconut, warmed with Amber, Sandalwood and Vetiver.

Next is Stella McCartney, origninal... this is very unique, and quite sweet, so if you don't like sweet flowery scents, then stay clear. I love it however, once it's settled down a bit; at first it reminds me of something I can't quite bring to mind, but then it drifts into a lovely scent that I really enjoy.


Here's the official description:A fragrance based on the contrast between the freshness and softness of the rose, and the dark sensuality of amber, Stella is a sophisticated scent focused on an intense sense of femininity.

I also wanted to purchase Michael Kors 'Very Hollywood', but haven't done it yet; I really just love the bottle, but find the scent itself not all that unique, but still very nice.


Past favorites? LaVanilla in Vanilla Coconut, Aqualina Pink Sugar (I have gotten over this one, but have an enormous bottle left), Sud Pacifique in Extreme Vanilla, Mac Naked Honey, Lulu Guiness, and JLo Live.

What are your favorites?

1 comment:

Royall said...

My first scent was Ralph by Ralph Lauren, I'm pretty sure every other teenage girl owned it. I've worn Burberry by Burberry Brit for the last four years, it's more of a fall/winter scent. If I were to get a spring/summer scent it would be the Nina Ricci scent that smells like toffee and apples. Some of those beachy scents sound awesome.