Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sabbath Day University

Today in Sunday School, I felt like I was attending a university level gospel doctrine class. I am definitely the consummate nerd, with my notebook, colored pen, scriptures, and my study guide. I can't help it, when I have a really great teacher, it is the best feeling in the world to have gospel doctrine opened up to you with scholarly supporting information, the kind that you usually don't get to hear unless you are a scholar yourself and you dig it up through your own reading. I love to read, but I am not able or willing to work that hard (apparently), so when it falls out of heaven like that, through a really effective teacher (and we do have very capable teachers) I am a teachable, willing recipient. I am truly grateful for the time and effort of these wonderful teachers in my ward.

No comments: