Sunday, January 8, 2017

Books in Progress

I finished The Eyre Affair - not my favourite, but I can see how it would be interesting for someone else. It's a little whimsical, and far-fetched.

Also completed Tribe - a fabulous book - a little along the lines of Malcolm Gladwell's' Blink. I enjoyed this more because of it's theme of community and exposing what we as a western society may be missing in terms of true happiness amidst the conveniences and blessings we enjoy. Tight families probably help to lessen the effects... and, even more so, happy large extended families. An insightful read that I'm glad I came upon.


Still in Progress are:

The Broken Way by Ann Voskamp
The 100 Year Old Man by Jonas Jonasson (paper, book club choice)
My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante (paper, bookclub choice)
The Mother Tongue by Bill Bryson (Hoopla audio)




No comments: